Friday, June 18, 2010

You Gotta Have Hope

Welcome friends! I am glad you found my blog and I pray that my writings will guide you to finding peace in the presence of God and thankfulness in your trials so that you can live an abundantly
free life in Christ.

My hunch is you're in a storm and you may feel as if you're treading water, barley able to keep your head above the crashing waves of despair.  I know the feeling well!


Let me assure you that you are not alone!

Catch this lifeline...

Jeremiah 32:17, "Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm.  Nothing is too hard for you".

Nothing means not one thing - no person, illness, dying marriage or hardship is too hard for God to restore and heal.  The same Creator who made the heaven and earth and calmed the storms, longs to rescue you from the deep waters you find yourself in today.

I realize you may have already given up hope.  But, I challenge you to dare to hope again as you and I begin an adventure to discover what can happen when we say yes to the power of Jesus.  The God that chose you, who loves you and adopted you, is a God who has resources in heaven - riches, strength, power and might - that are beyond your imagination.

There are three important questions I must ask you:
  1. Do you believe there is a God?
  2. Are you willing to apply the principles of God's Word to your life?
  3. Will you pray for the Spirit of God to strengthen you and your loved one?

Don't get me wrong.  There are no quick fixes, silver bullets or magic wands to wave.  I am a realist.  You will experience a barrage of doubt or a flood of anger, but I am convinced that God cares about you personally.  He cares about your family, your marriage and He especially cares about the fact that you are hurting today.

Will you give Him one more chance?

This post was adapted from a text by George Kenworthy, Marriage Makeover.  I HIGHLY recommend this book.

No comments: