Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Step #2 Resolve to Run The Race

Welcome friends! I am glad you found my blog and I pray that my writings will guide you to finding peace in the presence of God and thankfulness in your trials so that you can live an abundantly free life in Christ.

I will be giving away another copy of Jesus Calling for the month of January! So, leave a comment on my blog and you will have the chance to win this devotional book that changed my life.

Now on to my topic:

Begin today!  Whatever problems, heartache or circumstances surround you, lift up a thank offering to God - even if it is as simple as thanking Him for a cup of coffee and a piece of toast.  Each day that we wake up and find ourselves alive is a gift from God and He is calling us to live it.  Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking about what might have been.  Start at the present moment - accepting things exactly as they are - searching for the direction God is calling you to run in the midst of those circumstances.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,  and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith.  Hebrew 12:1,2
You see, God is leading you on a path that is uniquely right for you.  As you journey down this path, you will find it diverges greatly from those around you.  There will be many clamoring voices calling you to stray from the marked path.  Often times, these voices will come from people whom you love and respect.  Do not be fearful to continue on this path with your hand firmly held by the One who loves you.  If you lose sight of path and become confused, just call out the name of Jesus and he will show you the path again (Psalm 16:11).

But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
Isaiah 43:1-2

The future is a phantom seeking to spook you.  God rarely shows us what lies ahead on the path of life.  He usually gives us just enough light for the step we are on.  If we could see the mountains that lie ahead, we would become overwhelmed, so God has shielded them from our eyes.  If God is calling you to scale the mountain, He will give you the strength to match the climb, one day at a time.  We seem to think that God empowers us equally each day, but that is not so.  He knows what each day will contain and He empowers us accordingly.
The bolts of your gates will be iron and bronze,
and your strength will equal your days.  Deuteronomy 33:25
Look to the Lord and His Strength;
seek His face always.  Psalm 105:4

Determine to run the race that is set before you.  Resist the temptation to look back and wonder what might have been and also resist trying to envision the future without God, anxiety always results.  The best defense against these thoughts is to stay in constant communication with God throughout the day.  Today is the day the Lord has made.  Rejoice and be glad in it!


A prayer for you to pray:
 God of our Lord Jesus Christ, Glorious Father, may you give me today the spirit of wisdom and revelation so that I may know you better.  I pray also that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which I have been called, the riches of my glorious inheritance in the saints and the incomparably great power that is available to me as a believer.  The same power that you, Father, exerted when you raised Jesus from the dead and seated him at your right hand in the heavenly realms (Eph. 1:17-18).  I need this strength today to run the race you have marked out for me.  Let me keep my eyes fixed on you that I may walk by faith and not by sight (Heb. 12:1-2).

If you missed step #1, please see Anoint Me With Oil.

Grace and Peace be yours in abundance today~

1 comment:

Vanessa C. said...

Great reading! Thanks for visiting me! May God bless us as we bring up our children! I'll be keeping an eye on your blog!

www.godmeandacupofcoffee.blogspot.com